Here we go again.
I'm leaving inside of a week to return to mia bella Venezia; this time with a heavy heart. Two deaths in my world in the very recent past and I don't know how right I feel about going off to have a good time and writing about carefree days when the weight of these losses looms about.
I will just make myself accept that I need the release - and that this trip was planned some time ago. If anything, I feel a definite need to reconnect with my adopted family there. I want to spend as much time with Mamma Marson as possible. I fear the day I get the call that she is gravely ill, or worse.
Marco called me yesterday in advance of the trip. Mamma is expecting me for dinner on Sunday, the night I arrive. I hemmed and hawed about it, making sure he relayed the info that I will be landing in Milano in the afternoon - then a bus to the train station - then a 3 hour train trip across the north of Italy and into Venezia. I won't get into town until about 730, then I am meeting the landlords for the apartment key and dropping my bags. I doubt I will be ready to head over to Giudecca island until at least 9 and I don't want to hold up their dinner time.
The response - Mamma wants you to come for dinner.
Okay then. Five days and counting.
No comments:
Post a Comment