Sunday, September 25, 2011

25 September - Yadda Yadda Yadda

Epilogue

ok, ok, ok. I failed. I didn't complete my blogging the last ten days of the last trip. I'm a horrible person. Here's a synopsis, as I sit here in the airport waiting to board my flight to return to Italy to work. Yeah, it's months later, but think of all the fun times we have in store. Forgive me, move on, and enjoy the ride.

In brief:

Luke & Char went back home. My landlords had to come back to town for legal proceedings and they needed the house back- I wasn't homeless or anything. I stayed at a rental I've used before down by the city gardens on the southeast end of the city. Frank called to invite me down to Bologna to help out on a tour for two nights. Mamma's house had a problem with their plumbing and workmen were making her crazy until she took a fall from the mess they had in her kitchen and bath. I took her to the hospital. Nothing broken, but a bad sprain on her wrist and black and blue up her side. I bought them a microwave so she wouldn't be cooking while she recuperated. We celebrated the 150th anniversary of Italy being a nation. My tours were switched with Frank and I got to leave to come home a few weeks earlier than expected.

And on a bad note: got robbed outside of a currency exchange by a gang of Albanians. Grr! NEVER use those kinds of establishments, folks. You're a sitting duck for crime.

Other than that, another fantastic experience. Here we go again.

No comments: