Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's officially official - we're all going to Italy

Months ago I threw it out there to my two close friends Charlene & Luke to join me in Venice on my next trip. Everybody said yes, but then making it a reality and waiting for the time to arrive got in the way. Though many hiccups and curveballs have been thrown in our way, although it wasn't certain it was going to happen, it finally is.

Luke's ticket was booked Wednesday. Charlene's ticket was booked on Friday and we are a go.

I'm leaving on Thursday afternoon (arriving Friday 2/13) and getting the apartment ready and stocked. They are flying over together on the same flight Saturday 2/14. I'll pick them up at the airport Sunday morning at 10am and let the whirlwind begin.

General itinerary:
Sun 2/15 Venice
Mon 2/16 Florence
Tue 2/17 side trip to Fiesole
Wed 2/18 Florence
Thu 2/19 Back to Venice
Fri 2/20 side trip to Verona
Sat 2/21 Venice
Sun 2/22 Luke & Char leave

I'll stay on another week. And in the midst of all this...it's Carnevale season in Venice. It's going to be interesting!

This is us a few years ago, waiting for our trip to PV to begin. (Dang that is an unflattering look for me- I told Rob to wait until I wasn't chewing!) We had no idea of the debauchery and adventures yet to come. Here's hoping this trip is a bit more dignified. I doubt Charlene will be cage-dancing, but one never knows.
~K

No comments: