Monday, October 11, 2010

Wednesday 6 October - Di Nuova Sola, Naturalmente

The breakfast talk was my plague talk, always a crowd pleaser while ingesting eggs and juice. Just kidding. I don't get graphic about the plague itself, although I could go into great detail if you want me to. It's more about the changes that come about after a huge percentage of the population suddenly dies out. Population control by nature is sometimes a good thing, if it weren't so damned tragic.

We said goodbye to "mia famiglia" so they could get to the train station. The clients were sorry to see Mamma go, and she got a lot of hugs and kisses as they departed. They don't know yet that they'll see Marco in Venice on arrival to the hotel on Friday. We'll see who is the first to realize it. He does look different in street clothes and ever-present ballcap than in his formal gear (not to mention an entirely different demeanor) with the tails, vest and cravat. Yeah, he wears that to work. It kills me. I always want to call him Jeeves or Hossenfeffer or something stuffy.

The group was on their own for the day after a short walk to the Santa Croce church and sightseeing there. I got confirmation from Venice that they reached home okay and then Marco was on to work that afternoon. I had office hours in the afternoon and then crashed out in my room for the day. Later I went out for a pizza and beer by my self relatively early and chilled in front of the tv, watching the Italian-dubbed version of "Presumed Innocent" with Harrison Ford from years back.

Bedtime for me. A nice quiet day.

No comments: