Short post for today. We went out to the islands, saw glassmaking and the clients shopped. Arriving back to the hotel Aldo told me there was a message for me at the concierge stand from Andreas, the hotel manager. I popped over and picked it up – he had a ticket for me to attend the opera at La Fenice. It was a preview show that night. Cosi Fan Tutte by Mozart. Bonus for me! Totally unexpected and very kind of him. He was working and couldn't go, but thought of me. How very nice. I wrote him a note thanking him and slipped it under his office door.
The staging of the opera was not to my liking. It was a modern staging, in that it took place in the present time and not in the mode of when it was written. I don't like that. I expect people singing a Mozart opera to look “Mozarty.” Here I was in a classic operahouse watching something written in 1790 but in modern clostume and gleaming modern sets. Oh well. It was a gift. I closed my eyes and listened to the music through most of it. At least that hadn't changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment