I'm tired of them and it's day 3.
Perhaps if we hadn't been on a bus for long periods of the past three days it would go over better. However we have been graced with this for hours on end. And it isn't just one of them. I've heard every single one of them with the sniping and sharpness with each other. It just isn't necessary. If two clients who had just met on the tour spoke to each other in the same way I would step in and diffuse. That was my decision maker right there. Courteousness is courteousness for everyone. Because you share blood doesn't give you the right to make everyone else uncomfortable.
I decided I would speak to them when we arrived in Rome. I didn't want to do it before we were going to spend more than two hours on the coach in case there was an eruption because of the talk. They would be able to disperse and curse me (if they wished) away from my face and the other clients.
We headed back to Rome after the morning in Pompeii and a quick stop for snacks on the side of the highway. Ettore was hell-bent on getting us there well-before 3. We were all hungry when we pulled up a couple blocks away to walk it over – the street is too small for a coach to get in there.
L'Orso 80 was a huge success! Piles and piles of their plates kept coming to the table. They were ready for us with the previous day's notification. They did not disappoint. Everyone was very happy and very full. I thanked the owner profusely, he really saved me today. Niente, signora. It is nothing. If I give him advance notice again we can set this up when necessary. Fantastic.
For my write-up when I visited L'Orso 80 last year, see:
Got everyone over to the hotel and checked in. I grabbed the family members and asked to have a word with them in the lounge. The conversation went well. We'll see if they forget and return to their bickering ways, but they have been asked to tone it down please.
Took those around who wanted the neighborhood orienteering walk. Most of the group came with me. Dinner was in the hotel restaurant, but I think most of us were still digesting L'Orso 80. I only had a small mixed salad.
No going out with the Giacobazzi Brothers, even though they asked. I'm going to conquer this sinus crap. Off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment