Saturday, October 29, 2011

23 Ottobre – Rain Rain Go Away

I called Mamma and talked to her briefly before breakfast. She seems upbeat, but who can tell for sure. I told her I would be in town when she has her surgery and can be around while she is in the hospital. She then began to fret that I don't need to take time off. “Non e necesario, Cara. Non te preocupes.” It's not necessary dear. Don't worry.

Too late. We already are.

Assisi today. It is remarkably quieter in town today versus two weeks ago. Tourist season is winding down. Back at the villa in Torgiano we had a lovely cooking demonstration and wine tasting. The owner's cat still wants to live in my room and blocks my way in or out by laying across the threshold.

I called Frank and told him I accept his offer to take my next tour. He said I'm doing the right thing.

Marco called after dinner – they had an opening in the surgery schedule and she is going tomorrow instead of next week. I hope this is just good fortune and not because the doctors re-evaluated that she needs to get in there even more desperately. Try to sleep while wrapping your head around these kinds of thoughts.

The rain started in the middle of the night. Here we go.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Please tell me she is back home and recuperating. I am thinking a lot about Mamma! Sending her some California sun as well -very good for healing.

Kris said...

I just got back from visiting her a little while ago. She may be able to go home as early as Monday. Double bypass.