Sunday, November 20, 2011

18 Novembre – Shopping Shopping Shopping

Morning routine on Giudecca. I didn't tell Mamma about my episode last night, but I did tell Marco. In a happy singsong voice so I didn't sound like I was telling him about a stalker so as not to alert her to subject matter. It's like when you talk to a baby or an animal – as long as the tone of the voice is lilting, everything's fine. He made a suggestion that was a great idea. “Doesn't Davide go to a caffe near Rialto after working?” Of course, that's the answer. Davide is usually at Caffe Torino near the Rialto bridge after work until midnight, listening to the dj play music. I will see if will meet me and walk with me. Brilliant. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. Excellent problem solving skills, sir. I would talk to Davide later when I saw him at the hotel in the afternoon.

Back to the hotel to reconnoiter with my peeps. It's their last full day. The order of the day: tours of the Frari church, San Rocco, Accademia and Santa Maria delle Salute. And shopping.

I don't like watching people shop. Especially if it's shopping that I'm not interested in, like designer clothes shopping. Or shoe shopping. I spend the least amount of time in shoes as possible, and even less in buying them. I have seven pairs of shoes. I know... I need to turn in my “girl” card to the authorities. To be honest, I have found two shoe manufacturers that I like with shoes that fit me perfectly with no questions and I can use to walk around all day in while touring. If I have to buy shoes, which is not often, I buy them online through Nordstrom and have them shipped to me. Try them on and if they fit then I'm golden. Done. If not, I send them back. Shoe shopping at the minimum.

But during our touring today I did have to stand around while the ladies went into Tods, Blumarine, Ferragamo, Missoni and the like in between our stops. The men had me for company standing around outside. I could care less about a name on a piece of fabric. They also were getting their souvenirs taken care of. I don't mind that so much. Who doesn't like souvenirs? I buy souvenirs. I don't buy $500 designer dresses. It's that simple.

We came back in late afternoon to the hotel. They had reservations for their farewell dinner, and they asked me to please join them as their guest. “It's been so nice having you show us around. We really want to show our appreciation.” Aww, thanks. Okay. We would meet back at the hotel at 7PM.

I found Davide in the luggage room and told him of my predicament with my weirdo. Not a problem. He would be waiting for my call. We would meet at Caffe Torino and walk together through Rialto. I told him I may not need it tonight since I would probably be staying on Giudecca, but I would message him if I was going home.

I had a few hours to kill so I went to Giudecca to visit. Marco was sleeping, getting ready for night shift, so Mamma and I went to Mass, watched some tv and chatted. She is getting her routine back – more than one trip to church a day. She told me I don't need to spend tonight with her. She will see me in the morning. Have a fun night.

We ate at Paradiso and had a lovely meal. So much fantastic fish! I walked them back and deposited them at the hotel bar, where we had a nightcap, and I caught up with Giorgio. I haven't seen him in a week. I bid the clients goodnight. I would see them in the morning at 7AM to see them off in their taxi boat.

Messaged Davide that I was heading toward Torino. We stayed there listening to music for a while. Friday nights are mostly reggae music, his favorite. He just sits and drinks his Coke and gets his groove on. About 11:30 I asked if we could go. As we descended the bridge I saw Samuele. What a weirdo. “Kristina. Please. I want to talk to you.”

“Samuele, this is my friend Davide. We cannot stay. Goodbye.” And he walked away. For good, I hope.

No comments: