“I agree, but I don't want to leave this job. Yes it's difficult to be away from home for long periods of time, the communication capabilities can be spotty, the clients can be batshit, situations turn sideways without anything you can do about it but hang on by your fingernails, but I like this job. I am working in a profession that suits me, in a situation that suits me (for the most part) and I am able to spend time with people who have become a very important part of my life. And I get paid to do it.”
Only I haven't. That's the crux of it. They haven't paid me. And I had my decision. I told him I would let him know how it works out – he told me he'd know without me calling him. The next tour is in Florence on the 22nd – guess who would take it if I resign? I apologized for taking more of his free time from him, he's been more than generous to me.
“Kiddo. You do what you need to do. I don't know what is going on in that office, but nobody is expected to ever work for free. Ever.”
I called the HQ hotline for tour leaders and told them that I will need a call from HR as soon as possible. I am tendering my resignation unless my payroll is rectified immediately.
Marco popped his head in the office telling me was ready to go. “Che succeso?” What happened?
“I just quit.”
I am really hoping they fix this. I don't want this all to end this way.
3 comments:
Holy hell no pay?! Man I hope they rectify this NOW for you Kris. I'd hate to see you have to leave this job early that is clearly suited perfectly just for you. Dang that is completely insane. Do they have any sort of explanations when you call them? They paid you the first time around no?
I don't want to go into it too much here, but yeah, something in their system is obviously screwed. They are an absolutely fabulous company and professional in every way... but there's this. The first time around I was a contractor so I wasn't paid until I came back due to a different type of payroll cycle. I think I have been more than patient in this.
Gah! talk about cliffhanger! I really hope they are able to work this out for you Kris. I know it's been difficult being away from home, but you are such a wealth of knowlege and so suited to share it with people. It would suck large to have it end this way.
Post a Comment